Dare Waxing & Tanning uses an Australian wax called Lycon which is trusted and known around the world as “the wax of choice in top spas and salons in over 40 countries”. The range of waxes will include Hot and Strip waxes to ensure the waxing process is less painful while leaving as little redness as possible.
If there is an area on the body we haven’t mentioned on our menu, don’t hesitate to inform us of your request, so we can come up with a customised price for your Cairns waxing service.
Cairns waxing guidelines
Tips to get the most out of your waxing
- Your hair needs to be ¼ inch long or 4 weeks growth to be able to be waxed
- Please do not trim before coming for a wax; this causes the hairs to be blunt and short, making it harder for the therapist.
- Your skin may be sensitive after waxing for up to 24hrs, so be careful when sun tanning, hot showers, deodorants, exfoliators etc.
- No waxing while on/taking Accutane or any other skin thinning medications
- Pregnancy or menstrual cycles may increase your body’s sensitivity levels
- Exfoliate your body 3-4 times weekly to avoid ingrown hairs
- Moisturizing the skin daily will decrease dead skin build up and allow for easier waxing
- Wax every 4 weeks to maintain and regulate hair growth (the longer it is the more it hurts)